Wednesday, September 09, 2009

09 09 09

It had been a year, a month and a day since 08 08 08, where gamblers and the like pooled resources in hoping for a windfall. Just like a year ago, where the date favors gamblers, today is an auspicious day that carries the meaning of longevity for couples to dive into the tomb of love. I thought bragging about how auspicious today seemed tasteless, but moving away from the conventional topic isn’t easy either.

Since today will be a special day for many to consider marriage, I suppose a marriage need some suspends and little secrets to keep the flame burning? Now, I have a question – What will you lie about, towards your partner?

Let’s be frank, even the holiest man on earth lies, thus I lied too!! Yes, no doubt lying is wrong, and whatever you have fabricated might come back and slap you twice as hard. Though this might be the case, lies still spurt freely from the mouth… In my opinion, women will most probably lie about their bank account while men, their whereabout.

I realized I will NEVER find out how much my girl-friends have in their bank accounts, neither would they ever find out about mine. Though it is quite common to hear us complaining about the serious drought in our accounts, we will still splurge when we come across nice shoes, bags, accessories etc… How ironic. I am not sure if any of them dig into their next pay check, but so long as they are happy, and don’t borrow from me, I’m fine with it.

As for my guy friends, I realized they are pretty hard to locate. Take for instance, my good friend, J. A typical scenario would be:

Me: Where are you?
J: Oh… coming…coming…
Me: Ok, how long will you take?
J: Reaching soon… on my way already. Give me 5 minutes.

5 minutes later

Me: WHERE ARE YOU??
J: Chill… don’t be angry. Coming soon…I just left my place.


Ok, perhaps I am stereotyping. Guys and girls lie equally much about their bank account and whereabout. Is that privacy?? LZ refused to tell me how much he’s earning, and each time I probe further, he will give me 4 random digits and suggest that I should rearrange them the way I want his salary to be like. -_- If I do a permutation, there will be 24 combinations and only 4% chance of getting it right. He surely knows how to play this game ya?? Either that, or he will shove me away with a number that seemed politically correct, but I doubt so. Is this the little secret awaiting to be discovered?? As for me, I can hardly lie about my whereabout because I am too predictable. The places I go are quite limited and I never bother to cover my traces.

So I guess having mutual trust and constant guessing games are ways to keep a marriage/relationship alive. If the lie isn’t going to hurt, it will make the bond between 2 people stronger. If it does hurt, say two timing, it isn’t hard to decide on a banana split down his pants!!!

What will you lie about, towards your partner??

No comments: