Saturday, January 02, 2010

Down with flu

What an exciting way to start the year. Was suppose to head back to school this morning but I reckon it should be alright to leave my experiment running till Monday. Thought of reading up the book - basic concept in immunology, but my head started spinning. Thus, I had been doing nothing!! If I had been doing anything at all, it would be blowing my nose furiously. SNEEZE!! What a better way to wind down this last long holydays…

The last few days of 2009 were simply amusing. It was the first time I ever stayed out till dawn with my girls on Xmas, and never gotten a scolding back home. We had steamboat cum BBQ and dessert at Bugis before hanging out at King Albert Park’s Mac for an overnight chat and camwhore till breakfast at 4am. A straight 12 hours non-stop chat session, I’m impressed!!

Christmas was spent completing a jig-saw puzzle I chose at LZ’s place and a simple dinner with his family. On the 26th, we attended a heartwarming wedding solemnization at an art gallery before heading for a Christmas party at Charlotte’s place. There was enough food for an army thus explaining why we almost died from food overdose. The party was one of the best I’ve ever attended in years, because the people (plus Mika, her dog) were really fun!! On the 28th, my BBF (backside best friend, Jeremy) decided to give me my long overdue birthday treat. You see, he is my BBF not without a reason. We had some Thai specialties at one of the award winning resturants at Chijmes, and BBF tried to impress the Filipino waitress with his hopeless tagalog. Hahaha!!! I almost died laughing.

Countdown was without LZ but nevertheless, it was an unusual one. We were contemplating on where to go after dinner since most places would be overcrowded and before we knew it, we were playing card games and admiring the fireworks at Rus’s rooftop. That’s not the end yet. That night, I inherited a 2 dollar note on my way up the lift back home. Someone’s bad luck is my good luck!! Happy new year and that sums up 2009.

Pretty excited to meet my girl-friends tomorrow for games and even more delighted to learn that LZ will finally be coming back after his trip. Was actually quite upset when I slipped an opportunity to chat with him yesterday. It was my fault. For now, I just wish that the flu bug would get off my back before I blow my nose away. AarhhhChooo~!!

No comments: