Thursday, October 04, 2012

Legoland Malaysia

Out of the blue , LZ and I decided to head to Legoland Malaysia to find out what the big hoo haa was about with the new theme park. We booked our tickets online, crawled out of bed on a Friday morning and headed straight across the causeway. Clear traffic, smooth ride and within an hour, we arrived at Legoland Malaysia. Time check – 9.40 am. Shutters were still down.

Legoland Malaysia!!

We had breakfast and walked around for some touristy pictures before beginning our adventure. As expected, there wasn’t a crowded as we strolled leisurely into the park, armed with camera, shades and sun block.
Yes, we looked just like them!

Piegon feeding old lady

I love how colorful the place is, and it is really fascinating to see figures created out from little blocks everywhere at every corner of the park. It can truly brighten up your spirit and tickles your creativity. Kiddy rides like aeroplane also brings out the child in us. I thought it was really cute that LZ wanted to be a pilot and sat in a toy plane, while I rode on the next plane tailgating him in circles.

Colorful aeroplanes flying in circles

Rescue Academy

As the park was really quiet and spacious, we didn’t have to queue. However, as most rides were tailored for children, we had to go on the rides separately. For example – Power tower and bettle bounce. But that wasn’t an issue since we got to laugh at each other. Playgrounds were scattered around the park and they are great bonding places for families with small children and excellent shelters from the scorching sun.

LZ tried to pull off a lion's tooth

Yes, this place is hot like a desert!!

Morning was nice but after 11am, I literally melted. We visited Miniland in the afternoon and I had episodes of dizziness due to the weather. I reckoned that if I had stayed on in the sun for another minute, I will end up in the hospital the very next. Luckily, LZ bought me an ice cream and dragged me to watch the 4D show. Yay!! Aircon, my savior!!

Do you have chocolate flavoured ice-cream?

Outside the 4D theatre

Legoland Express goes around the park, passing various landmarks. It was refreshing to be in a kiddy ride as we planned where to go next. I know LZ loves thrill, while I cannot get over the fact that I lost my voice for 2 days after visiting universal studio. Yes, that was how hard I screamed. LZ totally enjoyed watching me scream and laughed throughout the thrilling rides.

Onboard Legoland Express

The Dragon is one such ride, but the level of scariness is bearable. We went on it twice and had fun throughout. For a scale of 10, I will rate it a 5. The scariest ride is no other than Project X! Looking at it already made me tremble in fear. But how can I say I’ve been to Legoland if I skip the most thrilling ride? So off we went, into a yellow car to experience the adrenaline rush. Frankly speaking, except for the very first free fall, the ride was actually quite fun.

The scariest ride - Project X

More pictures from Miniland!



Tanah Lot

Forbidden City and Great Wall of China

Petronas Tower

Merlion

Visit Malaysia after visiting Singapore Flyer

Passengers boarding the Lego plane

Afternoon tea. Women with boobs!!

Mummy and baby elephant at work

So in all, our experience at Legoland was a pleasant one, except that if the weather was a little more bearable, and if there were more air conditioned areas, the experience would have been better. It will be unfair to compare Legoland Malaysia with Universal Studio Singapore, since the target audiences were vastly different. But I still want to compare the two theme parks. =P Personally, I think young adults would prefer USS to Legoland because a lot of rides are not suitable for teens onwards. Like driving school, horse riding etc. Secondly, each attraction was situated quite far apart and the non-existence water cooler and shelter force visitors to purchase grossly over-priced beverages at Legoland.

We ended out visit at 6pm and went for dessert before heading back home.

No comments: