Monday, November 12, 2012

What do you get when you fall in love?


When I started out with LZ four years ago, I was skeptical yet determined to make it right. I even blogged about it here. Four years on, we’re engaged and still going strong!!

So what do I get falling in love with LZ?

His trust.

To me, this is the single most important thing in our relationship. I’m glad I’ve gained his trust over the years and he believes me. He will not get jealous or paranoid when I am out with guy friends. It makes us independent as individuals and we don’t see the need to report our whereabouts every hour.
He also trusts that we have a future together and work towards it. He trusts my words, takes me seriously and respects me. I will never trade his trust for anything else in this world.

His recognition. 

I know it sounds superficial, but it really makes a difference. My previous boyfriend had never openly acknowledged our relationship and whenever we were out and met someone, he would let go of my hand and introduced me as his “friend”. Yes I know. Scumbag. 

As for LZ, I remembered he proudly declared that I am his girlfriend when we first got together. He is proud of me and acknowledges our relationship. Two months after we got together, he invited me to his house to meet his family. They welcomed me and dote on me. Now, that’s love. And when someone treats me like this, I reciprocate and make sure he feels the same too!!

His time.

He bothers to listen to me when I talk, rectify the situation when something upsets me and provide support when I needed comfort. Whenever he has good or bad news, he shares with me. He doesn’t ignore me no matter how pissed off he is. Except my family, nobody will care for me as much as he does.

He is constantly leading me in expanding my mental state, so that I can take negative feedbacks to my advantage and control my emotions effectively. I am still at the learning stage and I believe this skill will be useful in the society. Who will be bothered to train me like this? Only him.

His heart.

Happy 4th anniversary!!

No comments: