Thursday, December 06, 2012

The blue tent


There was no one in sight. Just me standing from a police blue tent merely a few meters away. It was morbid. Never in my life have I felt so strange….

I met up some friends for dinner and went home happily after a meal. It was almost 11pm and I chatted with LZ over the phone while walking home. It was a nice and peaceful night, just like any other night.

Nearing my house, something was wrong. Very wrong. 4 police cars parked at the side of the road, and my block was cordoned off. No one was in sight, not even the regular uncle who smokes at the void deck every night. The atmosphere was exceptionally tense under the cover of night, and the air was still.  

I sensed that something was amiss, as my heart started pumping faster. I was nervous as I continue talking to LZ, while trying to keep my calm. Then I saw it – the police blue tent, just a few meters away from the lift lobby. Shivers tickled down my spine. Someone jumped.

As I was waiting for the lift, I mumbled a prayer hastily. The lift door open and some police officers, investigators and a photographer stepped out. I think I looked shocked.  

I hope the person’s family will tide through this painful period.

No comments: