Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mummy's Day

I was browsing through Facebook when I realized how time had flied. Quite a number of friends are already happily married and had started their family at my age. Some are already parents for a few years now and another couple is on their way to parenthood. I am really amazed by how much they had grew over the years, from pampered youngsters to tomorrow’s parents.

Bringing up a child must be really tough, and I’m sure not many are up to it. Parenthood will change a person habit, attitude and social life. Not just the parents, the grandparents also have to make sacrifices. I was touched when I heard Leng Zai dad’s determination to quit smoking on account of his grandchildren. It meant giving up a habit he held for years to exchange for the better health of little lives. Awww… So sweet.

Mummy had given up working in the society ever since she got married. She chose to work from home so as to spend more time with me and my brother, and make sure we don’t mix with bad companion. She’s protective and make sure whoever bully us will lane up in deep shit. I remembered once where there was a guy who picked on me and pulled my hair. I went home crying and the very next day, mummy confronted him. She made him missed his school bus and that had left him stranded in school. Hahaha!!!!

In today’s society, not many married woman are willing to stay at home, especially when expenses are so high. However, they show their love in other ways. Hiring a maid, for instance, ensures that their kids are taken care of, but those mums also take safety precautions such as installing a CCTV to monitor the maid. As for me, I’m still very much a kid myself and wouldn’t be ready to take on the role as someone’s mum for many years to come.

To all the women who had dedicated their lives to their kids and family, Happy Mother’s Day!!!

No comments: