Monday, June 15, 2009

Back from the dead

I’m not dead to begin with and in fact, nothing close to dead in any way. But I have to admit that the long absence has made me quite rusty on the keyboard and blogging once a month had somehow become a habit. Though greasing the gears will be easy, making the engine run to its once optimum pace will be hard. The reasons for my absence are aplenty, some really trivial but exciting. So this blog of mine is as good as dead. I’ll try to revive it, to the best that I can.

I’m currently sitting in my office, sipping on my green water bottle while typing this. I had just finished writing the “Experimental” part of the paper, so here’s a short break. Thinking back, I’ve not had a proper break for the longest time. Life had never been as exciting/busy/enriching as compared to the last couple of months.

I’m hyperventilating!!! So happy with too many things!!! Forget about weekdays, those are days I’ll be committed to work and nothing else. But when it comes to weekend, I’ll be drained with activities. Be it shopping, gatherings, sports, or any other random activity, I just felt blessed. Am I crazy or what???

Last Saturday, I was in heels when I was out. It wasn’t high, not at all. Just 2.5 inch or so I thought. It was among my favourite pair among the 10 other odd pairs sitting on the shoe rack. Within hours, there was a burning sensation on the fourth toe on both legs!!! Blisters, damn it!!! My heels were not even new to start off with. I ended up taking off the back strap to allow more space for my toes and prevent exaggerating the already swollen toes. My feet were usually accustomed to flats, sandals or shoes on most occasions, but is there a way to wear heels without getting blisters?? Do I really need to tear my hair and wear heels till my skin is thick enough to counter all blisters, or are heels not worth the pain?? Even those silicon gels sold in pharmacies were not a bit helpful for my poor feet. =(

Some girls said heels can trim the calf, and good for exercising balancing skills. It’s crap!!! I think it is more like training leng zai’s back and arms. When my feet suffered, he offered to piggyback me home. Since I think I’m not very light, I was afraid I’ll break his back. I didn’t wish to become a liability, really. But I admit that I enjoyed the piggyback ride home. =)

Maybe I'll consider wearing heels again. *wink*

No comments: