Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy things


Time flies. I have neglected my blog for almost 2 months!! Though I should be working at this unearthly hour at 11 pm, I chose to let it loose. The sudden urge to write something happy had overwhelmed my emotions.

Yes, I got a job. Today is only my third working day and I already felt like quitting. That aside, I keep reminding myself to think positive, and think of my superiors as employees who will always work for money for the rest of their lives. Well, at least that makes me happy!! I want to retire before 40, preferable by 35 and redeem myself, my time. And it will not be accomplished by trading my time. I will imagine that my bank account being auto-refueled every month, until my deathbed. But the challenges I am facing now is enormous. How can I manage my family, friends and LZ if I have to work till the wee hours for the next 10 years? And when children come into the picture (if I even have time to make babies after marriage at all), will I even have the chance to spend quality time with them? I wonder…

The next happy thing is – my braces are off!!!! Yay!!! After 2 and a half years of inconvenience and embarrassments of having food particles, especially greens, stuck between my teeth!! It is worthy of  a celebration. I think I will keep this topic for another blog post when I have some time to spare.

Next, the reason for neglecting this blog for 2 months was because I was cooking something underneath – my degree!! Another Yay!!! I was extremely stressed up preparing for my oral exams earlier this month and I am so glad it is over. For now, I shall wait patiently for my convocation. So pardon my absence for the last 2 months.

From now, I must remember to count my blessings every single day!!! 

No comments: